❖ Strengthening the rule of law by:
- Supporting harmonization of national legislation with international human rights standards and monitoring their implementation;
- Raising public awareness about their rights and
available legal remedies/mechanisms for their realisation;
- Providing free legal aid to individuals and groups to defend their rights and freedoms at national and regional/international levels;
- Monitoring, documenting and reporting on human rights violations.
❖ Supporting Freedom of Expression and Media by:
- Supporting development of independent media;
- Promoting creation of environment conducive of free expression;
- Capacity building of journalists and media representatives;
- Promotion and development of new media;
❖ Supporting Transitional Justice by:
- Documenting and reporting human rights violations committed in relation with armed conflicts;
- Promoting accountability for human rights violations;
- Advocating restitution and reparation;
- Confidence building, reconciliation and peace building.
❖ Promoting Equality and Social Inclusion by
- Fighting against discrimination;
- Protecting the rights of minorities and other vulnerable groups;
- Promoting gender equality and women empowerment.
❖ Reinforcement of Democratic processes by:
- Strengthening development of civil society organizations through capacity building and networking;
- Encouraging involvement of social groups in public activities;
- Promoting free and fair elections, good governance and transparency.